Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Braided Sandwich Loaf

Tonight we had a delicious dinner I found on http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com.  I really like her cooking blog.  We had the braided sandwich loaf.  You can check out her blog for full details on how to make it and pictures.  I really enjoyed it.  The dough makes enough for two loaves.  So I made one with sliced turkey and cheese and the second with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and sugar.  It was nice, we had dinner and dessert all in one. 

Here are my pictures.  My loafs aren’t as beautiful as the ones on Jamie’s blog because I skipped the egg mixture on top that makes them brown and pretty, but they were still delicious.

 DSC_0020

The cinnamon dessert braid.  Mmm mmm.

DSC_0025

The possibilities with this braided loaf are endless.  Here are some other fillings I’d like to try:

  • Pepperoni, cheese, banana pepper, and olives
  • Cream cheese and jam
  • Sliced deli roast beef and provolone with a little garlic salt
  • Butter, cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, and mini marshmallows